Subject: Re: Point Independent Morphing?
From: [email-masked] (Mark Thompson)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 95 15:24:12 EST

William Frawley <[email-masked]> writes:
> For those in the know (ie, JGross, etc.), just wondering if there were 
> any plans to incorporate "Point Independent Morphing" in 4.0 or future 
> revisions. I think we could all agreee that this would make morphing a 
> helluva lot easier

Point independant morphing is an area of 3D graphics that is still very
much in the research stage. It has yet to be tackled will any real success
and untill that happens, you will not likely see it in LW (or any other
commercial package for that matter). This is not to say there haven't
been a few attempts, but I would call the results lame at best. For now,
the absolute best method for arbitrary point/shape morphing is to render
both objects in two seperate passes and use 2D morphing as a post processing
step. Then composite the result into your scene.
     *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
     *           Mark Thompson                  (603) 424-1829    *
     *         Fusion Films, Inc.             [email-masked]  *
     * Director of Animation and Special FX                       *
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
--
[email-masked] (Mark Thompson) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]